Thursday, October 22, 2009

Flossmoor Station Restaurant & Brewery


Visiting Flossmoor Station Restaurant & Brewery is my favorite thing to do in Chicago; I've been three times in three months. I simply head downtown on the Blue Line, then walk to the METRA at Randolph and Michigan and, chugga chugga chugga, I'm on my way. The trip takes about an hour and half one way, but it's so completely worth it for great beers in a relaxing and charming and modest locale. I'd say it's best to do on a gloomy day though it's enjoyable in any weather condition...


Sometimes I start with the beer sampler (12 selections in all)...


Sometimes I go for the Brewery Platter (onion rings, ribs, and wings)...


And I always go for the giant plate of nachos topped with chili...


The beers (and the brewpub itself) have won numerous awards and it's easy to understand why. At the moment, the Pullman Nut Brown Ale, the Panana Limited Red, and the Collaborative Evil (seasonal Belgian-style) are my three favorites, though I'm sure after the next visit, I'll change my mind. The food definitely plays the supporting role in the brew-ruled world of Flossmoor, yet it cannot be ignored. I've tried many things on the menu, from the apps to the desserts, and everything was big and rich. It may not have been the healthiest food I've eaten, but it didn't matter - Flossmoor is where you should go to indulge.

FSRB is quaint, super mellow, and conveniently located right next to the Flossmoor Station METRA. Whenever I visit, I feel like I'm in some faraway magical land of special beers and tasty food and as soon as I leave, I try to plan out my next return.

Back or Forth? I will be going back.

Flossmoor Station - Flossmoor - (708)957-2739 - 1035 Sterling Ave, Flossmoor, IL 60422 - Public transportation: METRA University Park line from Downtown Chicago or I-80 / I-57 / Tri-State (294).

beer sampler - $10.95
Pullman Nut Brown Ale - $4.50 (pint)
Panama Limited Red Ale - $4.50 (pint)
Collaborative Evil - $6.00 (goblet)
Brewery Platter - $11.59
nachos with chili - $9.99

No comments: